The history of the park in our ownership
- In 2012 Jared and Jasmine Adams became co-owners of the Rotorua TOP 10 Holiday Park with Jared's parents, Dave and Carol Adams. The business was restructured and an implementation of a new business management plan was adopted with New Zealand's youngest holiday park owners taking over the reins of the already successful company.
- Since then the business has acquired an astounding number of awards for numerous achievements over the years, most recently out the Supreme Awards 2016, People Choice 2016 (second year in a row), runner up Best Web Profile 2016 and a finalist in the Top Service Award 2016 at the TOP 10 Holiday Parks Annual Gala. The Rotorua TOP 10 have been widely recognised for its success with online marketing, ongoing developments within the park and contributions to the Tourism and Holiday Park industry, both nationally and within the local community.
- We attribute much of the business success by employing staff who have a genuine passion for the holiday park sector and aspire to be apart of a positive 'family fun professional' team. Our contractors we use are largely local and family/friends to the business. Maintaining the relationships between our staff and contractors enable us to put genuine trust into them and have an overall more positive reporting system with the day to day operations fo the park (we employee 13-15 staff in total).
- Some of what we offer all of our staff is first aid training, chemical training, extensive health and safety training, TOP 10 certified training and a membership to Golds Gym (with the aim of promoting positive health and wellbeing). We work closely with the EMA to continually improve our workplace.
- In December 2014, Jasmine Adams became the regional chairperson for Holiday Accommodation Parks New Zealand and has since worked alongside Rotorua Holiday Parks in supporting such events as Crankworx, 2015 and Destination Rotorua's Famously Partnership. In June 2015 Jared Adams was elected to join the National Holiday Accommodation Parks New Zealand Board and has since been working with industry leaders to improve our sector nationwide. We have collectively been working to positively manage freedom camping in our region with the Rotorua District Council.
- In 2020 the Holiday Park went through some renovations and the reception has been redesigned to have a modern affect. The outside has a very simplistic, maintainable style that was made from wood.
We're working to make everything perfect for when you stay with us
1992- Park purchased by the Adams Family
1995- Renamed to Acacia Park Holiday Park
1997- Achieved Qualmark 4 star grading - 8 rooms fully refurbished
2000- Acacia Park joins the TOP 10 Holiday Parks Group and becomes Rotorua TOP 10
2003- All internal roads and paths fully cobble stoned
2004- 7 rooms removed and replaced with relocatable sunshine homes
2007- 4 rooms fully refurbished
2008- New outdoor heated pool
2011- Achieved Qualmark 5 star and Enviro Gold - first and only Holiday Park in Rotorua to achieve these.
2011- New mineral complex completed and officially opened
2011- New 5 star ablutions block completed and officially opened
2012- Business is now owned 50/50 by Dave and Carol Adams, Jared and Jasmine Adams
2012- New playground added - preserving some original equipment
2013- Operations restructure - Staff, Ops, Manuals, Contracts, Job descriptions, Policies, H and S etc.
2013- Rooms triple sheets, new decor, art, furnishings, crockery, utensils upgraded in all rooms
2014- New 5 star communal kitchen and lounge built and furnished
2015- All poolside rooms stripped out and refurbished