Rotorua TOP 10 Holiday Park is a strong believer in Sustainability, So much so that it is the only Holiday Park in the Rotorua Area to have been Qualmark Enviro graded from the introduction of Enviro gradings. However Rotorua TOP 10 Holiday Park has been working on it's sustainability for over 15 years.
Due to Rotorua's unique environment it is extremely important that everyone "Plays their part " in making sure that this environment is protected for years to come. Rotorua's natural environment is one of the main reasons people come to Rotorua.
Rotorua TOP 10 Holiday Park's Mission Statement
" Rotorua TOP 10 Holiday Park's intention is to be the leading provider of accommodation and camping in Rotorua. We strive to ensure our guests have an enjoyable holiday experience with quality customer service and to employ people, who have a strong belief, are passionate in what they do and enjoy being part of our environmentally safe workplace. To that end we commit to reducing our own environmental impact and to encourage our guests and employees to recognize that our effect on the environment should be as minimal as possible."
Rotorua TOP 10's Actions So Far
- Engage in achieving a reduction in the energy consumption of our park
- Have effective energy efficient lighting installed.
- Have meters installed in all departments to help with the monitoring of energy use.
- Have a guest towel reuse/bed linen changing program in place to save water.Energy
- 90% of all lighting in the park is by energy efficient florescent or CFL bulbs
- Begun an Energy Efficient LED Outdoor Lighting Project
- Replaced all hot water storage cylinders with on demand gas hot water
- All appliance purchases are energy efficent models
- We use passive infra-red, motion sensors and light detecting diodes to control all external lighting
- In all New or Refurbished areas we implement passive heating/heat retention in building design
- Our brochures are printed on recyclable stock
- We recycle plastic, cardboard, aluminium and newspaper
- We have refillable soap dispensers around the park
- Recycle Garden waste (Lawn clippings etc)
- We have installed dual flush Toilets on most of our toilets
- We have purchased water efficient appliances and washing machines
- We use bark or mulch on garden areas to help retain water and reduce watering
- Automated Irrigation system which waters plants in mineral pool area directly and has a rain guage cutoff.
In 2009, Rotorua TOP 10 Holiday Park was the first holiday park in the North Island to achieve Qualmark Enviro-Silver rating.
In 2010, Rotorua TOP 10 Holiday Park was the first holiday park in Rotorua to achieve Qualmark Enviro-Gold rating.
Rotorua TOP 10 Holiday Park has been Qualmark Enviro-Silver rating for a number of years now and still hold this rating as of 2017
Rotorua TOP 10 Holiday Park is rated Five star by Qualmark. In 2008 when Qualmark enhanced its assessment systems to include environmental and social criteria across all its categories, the park began documenting the environmental actions it has progressively taken since the Adams family bought it in 1992.
Some of these actions include:
- Being part of the LoveNZ recycling promotion
- Removal of hot water storage
- Gas reticulation throughout the park
- Energy saving lighting
- Reduced water consumption
- Measurement of Electricity/Gas/Water/Waste usage with the goal on reducing where possible.
- Use of Geothermally heated water